We are excited to release our official KTW "return to school" plan with you very shortly! It's pretty long, so we've decided to give you the main points here.
Keep in mind that COVID-19 is unpredictable.
This is our current plan, and we are prepared to change it if/as needed in order to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Here is some information that might answer some of your questions.
1. School at KTW will be full-time; in person Monday to Friday from 8:45-3:20
2. Students will need to wear masks in common areas (like the hallway)- Masks will be provided
3. Food programming will still happen- some things will be different
4.Students will participate in activities, including recess in their "classroom bubble"
5. Sharing of materials will not be encouraged- don't worry! We have enough for everyone to have their own
6. Sick children or adults; and anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 will not be able to come in the school
-if someone comes to school and has symptoms, they will need to go home right away
-We will have a special space for them to wait to be picked up if they can't get there on their own
7. Students and adults who come in the school will have to answer questions about their health everyday- This is to keep people safe
8. We will think of new and creative ways to celebrate- we can't hold events with large groups of people
9. The school staff is still committed to supporting and connecting with families and community members
This will look different; as we have to limit the number of people coming in and outside of the school
10. Extra cleaning, sanitizing, hand washing and safer respiratory practices (how to cough, sneeze, etc.)will happen
11. Students in middle school will need to be 1 m away from each other at all times - locker access will be limited
12. Adults in the building will need to be 2 m away from other people
This is all new to everyone. We are so happy to have you as part of our team to keep our students, community and staff as safe and healthy as possible.